Sunday, August 8, 2010

A beautiful Saturday


While everyone was busy preparing all the girly stuff I had the best time with cute Nana.



My dad, dad's friends, bro-in-law, uncle and Imran's uncles doing the discussion. It lasted
5- 10 mins only since all the details were discussed priop to this meeting.

Pressies for Imran's family


At the brink of Ramadhaan yesterday. Alhamdulillaah. Was a small engagement gathering to mark my engagement to my husband-to-be InshaAllaah. Some of my collegues were shocked that I was going to put on my daily black abaya and not even a 'blink-blink' scarf. hehehe. Well firstly my abaya is beautiful thank you very much, and inshaAllaah it covers my aurah pretty well. Secondly I like to keep it simple since excessiveness is not part of Islam. My sister suggested a 'teeny lipstick' to cover my imaginary chapped lips (she's so wrong) but in the end I went au natural. yay!


Safiyya Amani didn't come to my engagement but I went to see her. She's a cool baby.




I got another beautiful abaya, some fruits, flowers, cake, a copy of the translated Quran and the tiniest sized ring we could find- since my fingers are very the kecik. Me & Mom who did an awesome job organizing the gathering. and today is her 30th wedding anniversary.



My cheerful family. The only person yg takde, Maryam. This post is for you!


May Allah unite me & Imran in a blessed walimaah soon InshaAllah. We are scouting November this year :).
and may Allah make it easy for my sisters as well.
Shared happiness is such a blessing!

Love is in the air & life's getting to be more beautiful each day...!

Alhamdulillaah!











3 comments: