Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Perhentian Trip 2




 Alhamdulillah this was my second trip to Perhentian (and Hasben's 8th trip!) on the 11-14 of May. We planned to go right after the KL Bookfair 2012, as it turns out neither me or husband were involved; rather we were at the bookstore- melayan customers, unpacking new shipment of books, and me frantically updating the websites with new titles (and secretly making my own list nak beli buku apa). At the time I didn't have much money to buy them, so when hasben came home form work one night with them titles that I had my eyes on, I nearly fainted with happiness! Our home library is growing slowly- for me books are like silent teachers just ready to impart their wisdom-they are such a blessing to have. Anyway, back to the real story...

 As usual our main activity there was snorkeling at the spot above. Last year we could do 4 hours without break, but this year we did around 2hours of snorkeling, and then back to the chalet/restaurant for some snack. Snorkeling definitely made me thirsty ! because I had to breath through the mouth and also all those salt water coming in- not suppose to happen, but it happened anyway. Hasben on the contrary is a pro, but he's a patient leader, he would constantly look back to make sure his frail wife is still okay. Also he would point to me anything unique he saw so I wouldn't miss anything. Sometimes being underwater I find myself daydreaming pulak. Its the combination of water, breathtaking view and silence that can trigger such thing. I did make sure I see Nemo though, they are the cutest fish! At one time I find myself being circled by a type of fish, it was surreal, I was thinking, are they gonna attack me, or are they simply being friendly? Its just beautiful underwater, Subhanallah. I hope one day hasben can take diving course pulak, I'm sure he'd love it. As for me, I'll stick to snorkeling with my safety jacket.


 The food this time round, was amazing times 5 because we could eat MORE.  Actually we didn't get the to stay in air-conditioned chalet that we want, and when we arrived the rest of the place was full except these mini chalet (more like huts) without air-cond or bathroom. It cost RM 40 per night, (compared to about RM120-150 for air-conditioned ones) so suddenly we were richer than expected. Ceh.. The money that was supposed to go to accommodation we used for food. The next night I think, when eventually we could upgrade our chalet, we decided to stay at the cheap chalet, and eat lavishly. Marvelous choice! Alhamdulillah. All that ice-blended, fruit juice, pizza, bbq, seafood..yum yum.


Our forty ringgit A-frame chalet, comes with a double bed, mosquito net, fan and..that's pretty much it.
 



Scorching hot around noon, but the breeze helped. This was my snorkeling outfit; minus the life-jacket. Actually wanted to get them swimming suit, but couldn't find a suitable one. Also I find bringing flowy skirt and oversized blouse the best choice of outfit kat tepi pantai. Last time I only brought pants, but they were quite hugging to the body- and heavier to pack. No ironing here!


Waktu nak pulang, masa ni laa ramai nak berenang-renang dan bergelak ketawa dalam air. Isk isk. Just wanted to jump in the water.


On the boat- always best to seat at the back for a less bumpy ride. The water gets darker and muddier as we get closer to mainland.


Somehow we always end up with one picture that make me look like a midget. I always insist on wearing the life jacket though others usually don't bother. The depth of the sea is no joke.


Goodbye Perhentian Kecil...(and hopefully I can explore other islands after this!)



No comments:

Post a Comment