Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 2

It is less than an hour before iftar. My little family is napping. Faree'ah had her evening bath, all scrubbed up after a busy day playing, and staying in the kitchen while I cooked. It is not easy to cook with a baby. While the chicken is frying, I rush to make caramel pudding, and keeping an eyes for Faree'ah who is busy tearing down the kitchen. I have to use the walker unfortunately, as the kitchen is not practical for her to be playing on the floor. For babies it is best to let them grow and play naturally- as creeping and crawling teach them a lot about eye-hand coordination, and strengthening up their tiny body..

Faree'ah found my mechanical pencil this morning and scratch her body, leaving a little scar. I must watch her more carefully.

Today I have been contemplating about yesterday's lecture; about not wasting a single morsel of food for we do not know where is the barakah. This barakah could help make our life better; in ways we do not notice. Perhaps it will be easier to seek knowledge, or perform ibadah, or memorise qur'an, or to perfect our akhlaq..through this blessing. Thus, do not waste any food, not even a grain of rice! I admit I am pretty weak with this point, but yesterday's talk motivates me to try again (and again). Imagine we cannot even bear to throw one ringgit in the bin, yet on a daily basis we are willing throw something bigger!

Lastly, dua for iftar,

No comments:

Post a Comment