Wednesday, April 7, 2010

jatuh bangun semula

when you fall, simply get up again.

so our house caught fire last saturday night. the 2nd floor is damaged, some roof fall down, lots of water splashed put everywhere.

i can catch a breather, just now. just re-registered myself for a new identity card, and i already got a replacement for my driving licence.

maybe im not sad because half of my things are in my rented room. but i think its because ive been around/heard about other people's predicament thats much worse than mine.

lost of love ones, heartbreak, divorce, homelessness. you name it. i feel embarassed to complain; whatmore, even after the fire we have still got so much more than what our beloved prophet saw ever had!

i felt quite lost jugak, wearing clothes thats not my own, sleeping in rented hotel/house and eating so many fruits from visitors. hehehe. tapi in a sense i feel free. those stuff i had, that i thought defined me so much, some of it carried some emotional baggage that im glad is off when its gone. perhaps, this is why during the early islamic period, the companions had such fulfilling lives. by having lesser things, they could focus on a higher purpose, their inner sides must have been so sharp, so clear and pure without all these materialistic distractions! and the result? happiness!

one thing i do miss, is my little quran (the rest like our camera, computer and phone make me cringe thinking of the cost; of course :)) its been my great companion, where i draw strenght from reading it, or when i felt so so low from simply holding it. may Allah replace it with a better, more longer lasting one InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment