Friday, June 17, 2011

happiness

in marriage is earned through hard work. if before married, i see my friend's family photos and think: 'how nice!! to be able to be granted such joy, and companionship!'

now i see it and think 'how nice! to taste such joy after working hard to build and maintain a family.'

i have 3 minutes before my (own) scheduled time of cooking today.

anyway, somebody important to me has asked 'when am i going to get a real job.'

as in a 9-5 proper job with at least 20 colleagues to chill with, and AC office, and a boss I can argue with from time to time.

i said, "but I'm happy now with my current situation."

the person said, "yeah, but you can't be freelancing forever."

i was quite flabbergasted at the frank remark. i think this was a first pressure-remark that has come my way.i remember one of my friend who said she faced the same thing, and now i know how it feels!

it amazes me how other people like to think they know what's better for us, when our whole circumstances is not even understood by them.

this person does not understand:

1. that at the moment I am still trying to juggle my marriage in the best way possible. I have a husband with bundles of energy, who might ask me out for a date at 1.00 am. my husband also doesn't have an exact punch-in time with his work, and I like to keep him company in the morning.

2. at the moment haven't found any flexible full time job that makes me wanna jump at the opportunity.

3. i am taking a paid crafting class and has promised to be involved in yet another freelance project.

4. i am yet to recover from all the office drama i saw and heard from my previous job.

5. i LIKE what i'm doing now.

6. and so... taking a fulltime job is not in my best interest.

I have at least learn something from this rather unpleasant conversation-

it reminds me not to judge others just because they are doing something I would not do myself. who knows, his/her situation compels that person to take that action in the first place. I then would have sinned for judging another person, and perhaps, talking about it to others I would have gotten another sin for backbiting.

i think hasben will rebuke me for even wasting my time to defend myself- when i totally dont have to (and stealing cooking time pulak!) but i am only human...sometimes words that people say can leave a mark.

okay... got some chicken waiting to be fried. (if im working i'd be stuck in a jam!)

ok ok enough of defending myself. writing about chicken makes me miss my hasben.. haha!

10 comments:

  1. asma', don't worry to what other ppl say to u yang.
    Me myself quit my job last october and stay at home since then. Kiman is happier now that i'm always at home whenever he comes back. Kolej pun sekangkang kera from rumah, and everyday he blk and lunch at home. looking at my condition now, tak brape bleh masak lg (panas kat dapur n nak pitam) just tanak nasi, he beli lauk.

    orang tak paham ape yg kite lalui. and the excitement our husband feel when there's somebody waiting for them lepas penat blk kerja.. Duk je rumah, bukan tak dpt income. It's just we don't have to be involved with office politics anymore. Yey to us! hehe

    Kalau kerja, blk penat, kesian hubby nak manja2 pun tgk kite tak larat je kannn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like! yes that's what my hubby remarked too, he liked having someone to greet him when he's back. not that i didnt when i worked, the energy level is different. alhamdulillahiala kulli hal:D

    im still trying to figure out what works best for both of us:D

    thank for your sevenmonthlyversary wish anyway! by the way, i LOVE following ur baby's progress. can't wait to see him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the chance, i would love to sit at home and be a housewife. My 'ambition' since primary school kept on changing but this current 'ambition' is for real! i want to be a housewife! Say yes to housewife! hehehe

    ey ok what, at least you still have the desire to do freelancing jobs. I just want to sew and cook! heeeee

    I wish to bid advertising goodbye soon (praying hard) - so don't feel bad, the most rewarding job in the world is to make your hasben happy! since your hasben is already a jumping duracell bunny, it makes your job a whole lot easier :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D say yes to housewife! hehehe. its a privilege to be one! may Allah make it easy for you to say goodbye to advertising soon.i dragged mine for about 6 months :D

    and anything done for the sake of the deen, is bigger than any snide remark that anyone can give, inshaAllah:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. asma, i think it is best to do what we think is the best for us.

    i had decided to get a full time job next year but i changed my mind last week. different situations lead to different decisions. in my case, it is best for me to work now.

    let us ignore what others think about us and deal with our lives happily. others dont understand what we are dealing of. i think that sometimes people ask because they are concern. good thing to think like that is there are people who care about us. (positifnye saya).

    apa apa pun, lain org lain caranya. dan saya pun rindukan suami saya (tetiba). hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! i requote you here, "it is best to do what we think is the best for us.different situations lead to different decisions."

    what's important is to not impose on others what we think is right.

    after marriage, and by talking to different people i realize how unique each person's life is, and that its course is lead by so many different factors...

    i read that you ur hasben's away? may Allah make it easy for you. missing hasben is serious bisnes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are unique in our own way. cewah! :P
    he's away for 3 months. 34 days more to go.
    i'm dying to see him. it sounds exaggerated. hehe.

    amin yarabbal alamin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. 34 days...teringat kisah Aishah RAD bila dia berpisah dengan nabi selama sebulan semasa kena fitnah, and when the prophet saw came back to reconcile the situation with new revelation from Allah, Aishah RAD said its only been 29 days, there's one day left before its complete 1 month! see how she's counted the days too! sebab isteri memang tempatnya di sisi suami. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. kalau diizin tuhan, saya doakan isteri2 tidak payah berjauhan dengan suami2. amin.

    i've counted since day 1 he went there. masa tu. 87 hari.

    i'm not sure whether u already knew or not. i am 10 weeks pregnant. hehe. masa saya tahu saya pregnant tu, suami baru 2 minggu di sana. thank god, we have a device called handphone. boleh calling2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. dekat email ada comment awak posted. sini takde pulak. terima kasih. alhamdulillah. saya masih di uia, tak habis2 belajar. hihi. thinking of submitting the thesis before july. (trying to). insyaAllah. hujung july nanti suami dah pulang baru duduk sekali.

    dia berkursus. urusan kerja. sy positifkan diri,kerja itu ibadah juga. sikit lagi je kena tunggu :)

    ReplyDelete