Friday, February 12, 2010

Breather

Trying to catch a quick breath. Just got back home.

In today's little usrah Chu related her little sister's story Fa in US. Her lecturers seem to be
slightly excited about convincing her about the scientology belief. So the family..scattered far away in Cambodia and Malaysia is giving her daily pep talk about the aqidah. Boy this is a tough one. In UK when I was surrounded by Jewish, Christian, Atheist, orthodox, liberal, and the unsure- I kinda understand the feeling. But it is a good opportunity to re-learn the religion. The pressure is there. That challenge to justify others, but more importantly yourself that the choice is right. I pray that her iman will become stronger with each challenge insyallah, and that the 9 millions Muslim reverts-last stat I heard- will keep growing, and some of them, perhaps to stumble across the path of my friend's sister there; and strenghten her some more.

Last. I learn something new today. To keep repeating the sin you repented after is consider zalim. Or in Kak Zai's words - 'Memelihara dosa itu zalim'. Sometimes small sentences like this, I think it is simple, but once reflected- what it means just shook me to the core. But but but! Must stay positive for Allah is always Merciful. smile.

2 comments: