Saturday, January 1, 2011

cooking etc.

Life is going fast. I miss my family. Though they are so near, our works are too hectic. The little time that we have left is spent for rest, and getting to know each other. I haven't touch my sewing machine for ages; but I did get started on the Ibn Kathir introduction on his tafseer. It gives me goosebump that I am 'listening' to this man's comments with hundred of years separating us. What a blessing mashaAllah to leave something valuable for generations to come. I could not help but wonder, what will I leave to this world? Can I contribute to something worthwhile to help me in the next world?

Anyway the last two days I have jenguk the kitchen after so long. Yesterday I made kurma ayam which is pretty easy but i forgot the salt. My father in law who is always joking around asked me this morning, 'so you guys are not into salt hey?' and I replied 'I did put some salt, just not enough!' and he said 'no salt at all!' and he rambled on about benefits of salt. hah! papa.

Anyway I am so glad my mother in law is kind enough to assist me, in fact i think she did most of the work! anyway she said she likes to cook simple foods but tasty, rather than cooking complicated stuff that is either tak sedap or makes you too tired to even enjoy it afterwards. what excellent advice! she is my kind of girl. today i tried makaroni cincau (throw eveything in and pray hard) and it looks good but i havent try it yet.

even though we are not planning to have a baby soon, i cant help but think about the kind of mother i want to be. the kind of akhlaq i want to instill in my children. and what values want to expose them to. i figure i will have 18 to 20 years, if God wills for me to do that, with them and then they would be adults. i pray that God will grant me children, and children that will be the coolness of our eyes, and let them be soleh and solehah. inshaAllah.

i dont believe motherhood starts when one becomes pregnant. or when one has found a spouse. it is way before that, when you are growing, making mistakes, striving forward for what you think is for yourself but in reality you are already on your way to become a mother. i was aware of this few years ago and though it sounds quite impossible i feel that i already love the babies, that if God wills will grant to us as amanah.

anyway, I am enjoying this time where there's just the two of us. alhamdulillah hasben has been really patient with me with my many weaknesses.

i really should be more patient too!

will send lunch to hasben soon and maybe do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment