Friday, January 14, 2011

eloquent speech

we spent a small portion of the morning calling candidates to confirm their attendance to interview.

Some leave me speechless

"I am heavily pregnant, in fact just waiting for my due date. What do you think?"

"I...err...I'm in Johor."

"Yes I'm definitely coming." Yes! at last! but oh wait, I mistakenly called from the rejected list. And so my colleague helped to make the dreaded "sorry, there have been a mistake" call.

anyway, after long attempts trying to reach them I simply blurt out.

"Okay, nak datang sudah. Tak nak datang, datang!"

Kak Miah asked me quickly. "What are you saying?"

Sometimes we can sound so eloquent, only to realize what we spat out is utter rubbish!!

I hope, I can emulate learned men, where they either speak good, or what will benefit them (i.e. get rewarded for it) or stay quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment